Self Certification Scheme For Packagings Manufactures(s)
Self certification scheme is applicable only to manufacturer(s) of packaging for export of dangerous goods who are holding valid ISO:9000 certificate for manufacturing of packaging.
The manufacturer(s) of packaging could be considered for self certification only when the following terms and conditions laid down by the D.G.Shipping are fulfilled.
- Manufacturer has to apply to Indian Institute of Packaging for Inspection of their plant.
- A list of range of their products (packaging produced) by the company to be submitted to the institute (viz. type, size, capacities for the UN certification).
- Names of the chemicals for which packages are to be supplied with their details (viz. UN Nos., pkg. Groups and pkg Instruction).
- The manufacturer has to keep the IMDG-CODE (latests volumes with Amendments) for reference.
- The manufacturer has to provide the list of calibrated Instruments required for testing.
- The manufacturer should have separate Laboratory with trained manpower for testing.
- The manufacturer has to submit copy of the registration letter of the company.
- The manufactuter should have relevant BIS Certification for their packagings.
- The manufacturer should have valid ISO-9000 certificate for manufacturing of the packagings.
- The manufacturer should have store room for keeping control samples tested from every lot of packaging produced.
- The manufacturer of the packagings have to maintain the record for the different type/size of packagings produced and supplied to the exporter(s).
- The record for the same has to be endorsed to D.G.Shipping., Mumbai every month (Attn.:Deputy Nautical Adviser).
- The self certification scheme would be valid for 3 years.
- Once all the documents found in order, then party would be concidered for self certification and the scheme can be extended, subject to satisfactory performance.
- The party should issue reports and certificates to the client in the format provided by IIP. The copies of all documents issued to the client should be submitted to the Institute as well as to D.G.Shipping, mumbai-400 001.
- Annual Inspection have to be done by the IIP within the window period of -+ 3 months from date of Initial Inspection. The report submitted by the institute hase to be enclosed by the D.G.Shipping, Mumbai-400 001 for approval.
- If packagings produced under self certification scheme is found to be inappropriate, then the party would be suspended for one year. After that, the party would be considered under certification scheme applicable to other ISO-9000 certified manufacturers.